Silver pendant - course with Nicole Lance at Fremantle Arts Centre

I have had a great day attending a jewellery class at the Fremantle Arts Centre. The class was called Chains, links and pendants in a day with Nicole Lance, and comes highly recommended!

The finished pendant - after polishing. It`s "organic".
I bought a 5x5cm square sheet of 0.8mm thick sterling silver at Australian Jewellers Suppliers in Perth, Hay st, and from this I made a pendant - not so sure if it this is "branches and leaves" or "mutant salamander". After tracing, sawing, filing, sanding and polishing - I have a shiny pendant to wear to work.

Work scene: My silver sheet to right, some of the cut-out pieces and the saw that I used. The finished cut-out piece (bottom right) before filing++. I used a coin to draw the outer part of the pendant. Coffee was needed (top left) and sand paper (bottom left).
The cut-out pendant - before filing. Rough edges

I'm very happy with the result and hope to attend another class at the Fremantle Arts Centre again. The Canvas cafe, at the Arts Centre, is also a great choice for brekkie or lunch - and the Arts Centredo free Sunday session music performance - relaxing and inspiring to listen to while attending an arts class.




Branches with leaves or a mutant salamander?


Kommentarer

Rosehagen sa…
Nydelig, og så spennende å prøve noe nytt:)

Fin uke fra Ann-M.

Populære innlegg fra denne bloggen

Heklede lyslykter til påske?

Temperatur-årsteppe

Strikkepinnemappe